From the ATCA Floating Specialty Arrangement Committee
Louisville Floater: Final Event Details
1. REVIEW THE PREMIUM LISTS & ENTER – The superintendent for all shows is MBF (Click here for the MBF web page). You can enter standard conformation for Thursday, Friday and Sunday as usual. Also on the same premium list, you can enter the ATCA Floating specialty held on Saturday. There is a separate premium list for the Concurrent Specialty and that “Specialty Premium List” is also found on MBF. This is the first year for the concurrent specialty so let your handler know to look for the separate premium list. You will also find the numerous performance options the weekend has available in the Kentuckiana Cluster Premium.
ENTRIES CLOSE WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 28TH.
Click this link for the Kentuckiana Cluster Premium List (Airedale info begins on Page 103).
Click this link for the Concurrent Specialty Premium List (Airedale info begins on Page 63).
2. HOST HOTEL (Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Airport; 2735 Crittenden Drive, Louisville, KY) – has filled up quickly but we were able to add a few more Kings and Double Queens to our block so act now to reserve a room there. There are many other hotels in the local area. Use the password Airedale Terrier Club of America to get the club rate. Click here for the Hilton web page.
3. CLUB DINNER – Reservations are still available for the club dinner at the Kentucky Derby Museum. The rate has been finalized at $65.00 per person. The rate includes a tour of the Derby Museum which is truly a magical experience. Please send your reservations along with payment to Margie Sinex at 480 Christina Ct Zumbro Falls, MN 55991. The deadline is March 5, 2024. Please dress in your Derby Day finest if you would like to participate in our Derby Hat Contest.
3. VERY SPECIAL AUCTION ITEM. As is our custom, an auction of Airedale memorabilia will be held at the dinner. This year, among many lovely things, we have one especially desirable item. This item is a solid bronze statue of Ch. Tartan’s Oil Patch Star which was created by the late great Ric Chashoudian. It is #2 of 2 made. Due to the rarity and value of this stunning item, the club will be offering Proxy Bidding for those who cannot join us. Please see the photos with this email. (More are available upon request.) If you are interested in owning this rare beauty, and cannot join us in Kentucky, you may download and fill out the attached form and mail it in for your bidding to be done by a member on your behalf. Any questions about this process should be directed to Lisa Berglin at email@example.com or 262-473-5219. Bids must be Lisa NO LATER than Monday March 11th. If you send in a bid and then are able to join us in person, your proxy bid will be returned to you at the dinner before bidding commences. PLEASE NOTE: The Bronze weighs 30 pounds so shipping and insurance will be EXPENSIVE and at the winner’s cost, unless other arrangements have been made.
4. EXHIBITOR GROOMING – This year, the Kentuckian Cluster has changed their grooming reservation process and is now charging for grooming space and requiring submission of a completed request form along with payment. These changes mean that ATCA will NOT have a reserved grooming block. All attendees must make their own grooming space reservations. Please check the premium list for more information and rules. (Page 17 & 18 in Kentuckiana Cluster Premium – link posted above). Or you can use Infodog and search by state KY.