About The Airedale Terrier Club of America
ATCA Objectives and Mission Statement:
The Airedale Terrier Club of America, Inc. (ATCA), founded in 1900, is the parent club of the breed in the United States and the official spokes-organization for the breed with the American Kennel Club. The ATCA was incorporated in the State of New York on August 27, 1962 and is a 501(c)(4) not for profit corporation. The ATCA’s constitution objectives are:
- To encourage and promote quality in the breeding of pure-bred Airedale Terriers and to do all possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection.
- To urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by the American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which the breed shall be judged.
- To educate judges about the standard of the breed as approved by the American Kennel Club.
- To do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed and to encourage sportsmanlike competition at dog shows, obedience and agility trials, field and hunting events, and the other types of performance competitions; and to support rescue/adoption activities.
- The Airedale Terrier Club of America promotes the pure-bred Airedale Terrier by encouraging the exhibiting of Airedales at shows throughout the United States.
- It offers trophies and sponsors specialty shows, fostering fellowship and good sportsmanship among dog lovers.
- Activities and educational programs are developed through the interest of Club members and special projects are programmed in many areas.
- The ATCA has printed pamphlets about the Airedale and his training and care.
- It also publishes a yearbook every 10 years, recording Airedale history and featuring photographs of the champions of the decade and memorials to great Airedales and beloved deceased members of the ATCA.
- These publications, and others, are available for sale from ATCA Shopping Online.
The ATCA and its members endeavor to give assistance to all those who ask. Please browse though our website to learn more about Airedales and our club.
For more information, please contact the following persons:
- For ATCA general information: Kristi Burrus, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For puppy referral, breeder mentors: Patty Gregg, email@example.com
- For health questions: Cathy Gaidos, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For membership questions: Anne Curtis, email@example.com
- For legislative information: Dierdre Dawson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For MCKC information: April Clyde ,email@example.com
- For Website/Shopping information: Jan Vernie, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Rescue and Adoption: Becky Preston, email@example.com
For Financial Information: Tax documents are available from the club secretary at the nominal fee of $.20 per page which includes postage in the United States. Please contact the current secretary:
- Kristi Burrus, firstname.lastname@example.org